Private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach
What does a private investigator license Miami Beach South Beach to do? How do I know when to hire one? Will he be able to help me? These questions don’t come up often, but when they do, I’m ready with a long list of answers.
Some people hire private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach so routinely that it would be difficult for them to imagine completing a project-whether it’s personal or professional-without one. Other people think a PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR is just like an FBI agent-they’re needed only when a catastrophe arises, such as a kidnapping or something equally tragic.
The need for a private investigator usually falls somewhere between never and always. Although most of the time you can handle matters on your own, there are times when you can truly benefit from a private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach or investigative agency.
“Most of the time you can handle matters on your own. However, there are times when you can truly benefit from a private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach or investigative agency.”
When is a good time?
When you need to:
- Obtain information on the whereabouts, identity, conduct or credibility of a person or company
- conduct background checks or searches of potential lovers, business partners or companies
- have someone followed to see if he or she is deceitful
- pre-screen an applicant or business partner
- check the legitimacy of a potential investment
- help research a crime, wrongdoing or threat
- find the cause of fires, property damage or accidents and / or the persons responsible for them
- Safeguard your business’ premises, property, assets, people or even information
- Locate and recover lost or stolen property
- verify employee’s’ claims, such as workers’ compensation claims
- investigate a scene or interrogate a witness
- access up-to-date computer databases of public records
- “debug” your office or home
- Personal Help
A private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach often perform background checks of individuals or companies for law firms, corporations and private citizens. Private investigators search public records, conduct interviews and verify reference checks and facts to provide a detailed profile of someone.
Here’s an example: Patricia has survived two divorces and a handful of bad relationships. She broke up with most of the men because they lied to her. She’s very trusting, and the revelations always came too late. Her current boyfriend, Stephen, has recently proposed. A third divorce would be financially and emotionally devastating to Patricia. She decides to consult a private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach to get an objective report on Stephen, a divorced man with no children. She’d like to see the information in his divorce file.
With instant access to public records, a private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach can search court filings for details of a divorce, as well as any criminal or civil charges filed over the years. The private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach can also check a financial background for state or federal tax liens, judgments, and bankruptcies, notices of default or hidden assets.
After receiving a copy of the background search, Patricia feels confident to accept Stephen’s proposal.
If you’re requesting a surveillance, you’re usually ninety-nine percent certain that your partner is deceitful, but you need proof in hand to confront your partner or to support your claims in court in filing for divorce or child custody (unless you live in a state that has no-fault divorce). If handled properly and professionally, an investigative service will gather evidence that will either confirm or eliminate your suspicions.
Martin Investigative Services
Stacey knew Brandon was a womanizer. He didn’t break up with his last girlfriend until two months after he began a hot relationship with Stacey. Disturbing, but Stacey loved him and hoped Brandon would be different.
Fast-forward one year. Now, she suspects that Brandon’s up to his old tricks, maybe even dating his ex. He claims he’s faithful, but Stacey still believes he’s lying. She needs definitive proof; for example, a videotape of him having sex in the car.
Every week, Martin Investigative Services fields hundreds of calls asking about surveillance services. Eighty percent of the time the callers are female. We invite them in for a free consultation, we take down information on the individuals involved, explain the surveillance process and equipment, discuss fees and payment, and select the best time to conduct the surveillance.
We find it’s faster and less costly to our clients if we assign a two-person team to the case. With only one private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach, losing someone in traffic may add hours or days to the process and increase hourly mileage-rate totals. The team should have two-way radio communications along with video and digital cameras.
A private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach to locate people for a variety of reasons: Adoptees, birth parents, relatives, former friends, lovers, spouses, co-workers and employers can benefit from reuniting with a person from their past (see Chapter Two). A private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach access databases, interview acquaintances and piece together clues to track down people with whom you’ve lost contact. They can use public records to fill in missing information and uncover a new name, address, telephone number and Social Security number.
Many companies need an employment background check on job applicants. An airport shuttle company may need to check applicants’ driving histories with the Department of Motor Vehicles if it’s hiring a driver to transport passengers in the company’s vehicle.
Perhaps a Fortune 500 Corporation is filing a top management position and wants to evaluate an extensive profile of a candidate that goes far beyond what’s on the resume. Interviews with references and other informational searches can provide that.
Or parents may decide to hire an in-home nanny. A private investigator can check the prospective caregiver’s personal, financial and criminal history, as well as her references.
Prospective Business Partner
Gary wants to start a small pizza restaurant in his neighborhood. His brother, William, introduced him to Joseph. Now, Gary and Joseph are considering a partnership. Everything looks good, but Gary will be investing his life’s savings and he doesn’t really know Joseph. Gary may decide that a background investigation by a respected private investigator could make the difference between success and disaster.
Before you invest your money or time in a new company or other financial deal, you’d better research it. A company may appear perfectly legitimate, with a fancy office, a pleasant receptionist and a readily available list of previous client referrals. But it could be a sophisticated scam. A private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach can perform background checks to check public records for licensing, small claim judgments, bankruptcies, state and federal tax liens, and other judgments or defaults.
Some private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach performs corporate security consulting. A business may need to secure premises, property, assets, people or even information. Some companies may need only a nighttime security guard or an alarm system. But others need electronic surveillance, a loss-prevention staff and strict computer security. Experienced private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach can recommend security services and techniques to prevent theft of inventory or to provide for employee safety.
Workers’ Compensation Claims
Insurance companies estimate that twenty percent of claims are fraudulent. Even a single fraudulent claim can cost a business tens of thousands of dollars – all unnecessarily.
A PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR can look into employee claims to verify their legitimacy. As an example, we once performed surveillance for a workers comp case and successfully photographed one claimant happily playing golf, while he supposedly couldn’t work because of a bad back. Sometimes, we wait until trash day to learn the truth about the claimant. If a claimant can haul thirty pounds of trash to the curb, maybe his back condition isn’t so bleak.
The company benefits in another way as well: This deters future fraud by warning other employees that the company pursues every claim.
Top echelon private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach are an integral part of your community’s law enforcement. They work closely with police and the court system on the local, state and federal levels. When securing evidence for use in the judicial process, they assist police, the district attorney’s staff and lawyers. They conduct searches and surveillance, serve subpoenas, take statements and testify in court. They can also assist with unsolved crime and cold cases.
An added bonus: Because of the role private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach to play in the legal arena, they’re an excellent source for attorney referrals.
Electronic Surveillance Detection
Planting electronic listening devices is illegal and can result in a felony conviction. Still, we receive at least ten calls a month requesting such a service.
If it’s illegal, who’s doing it? In small and large companies alike, the competition can be relentless and the pressure to beat the competition can be ruthless. This can lead to one company bugging the boardroom of another, maybe by bribing an employee to place the hidden monitoring device.
While no legitimate private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach will wiretap an office, many will offer “bug sweep” services to remove the problem.
These are just a handful of the many services a reputable private investigation firm can provide for you.
With the advent of the internet and websites such as Linkedin, Facebook and so much of our lives are in the public eye. It seems everyone has become an armchair detective lately. Combine that with your experience as an attorney and your ability to locate and interview witnesses and retrieve criminal and civil records and you may find little need to hire a private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach. Especially for something you or your legal assistant can do. However, just as you would not hire your plumber to represent you in court the value of a decent and experienced private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach cannot be overstated. In fact, a qualified and credible private investigator can mean the difference between a successful outcome at trial or a rather dismal one. When it comes to your bottom line; a private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach can save you time and money.
A private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach to provide leverage for negotiations as well as critical hard-to-come-by information that can affect key decision-making. Services typically include locating and interviewing witnesses, finding hidden assets, reconstructing accidents and assisting in criminal defense. A private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach to help to locate missing and exploited children, monitor child custody visitations, gather divorce evidence and are trained in the subtle art of surveillance. They can dig up background information on individuals or companies, investigate personal injury fraud or workers comp fraud, and conduct due diligence investigations. The key to negotiations or preparing for trial is having the right information. Many of the internet databases open to the public, contain dated or stale information. In this business old information is tantamount to no information. A private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach has access to a variety of restricted proprietary databases containing the very latest intelligence.
However, like the legal profession, when it comes to a private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach there are the good, the bad and the downright ugly. To be forewarned is to be forearmed. Before you navigate the minefield of hiring and working with a private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach, consider the following tips:
- Finding a Private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach, your best source of information will often be your peers. Speak with other attorneys, especially those with the same legal specialization. They will be able to steer you towards a reputable private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach with which they have had a positive experience and away from the ‘Inspector Clouseau’ types, of which, there are many. Consider checking with the state private investigator organizations for a list of private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach. You can also consider a service which lists private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach in your area. Furthermore, you can find a local private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach by searching online through Google, Yahoo! or other search engines.
- A private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach Licensing Private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach is required to be licensed in all but a handful of state, namely, Idaho, Mississippi, South Dakota and Wyoming. Currently, licensing is not mandatory in Colorado. Find out who regulates the industry in your state and make sure the private investigator you want to hire is licensed.
- Complaints and Disciplinary Actions You may call the licensing body and find out if there have been any complaints filed on the private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach.
- Insurance Requirements As part of their licensing, most states require private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach to carry insurance and some require a surety bond. You should not use the services of a private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach unless he or she also has insurance coverage for ‘Errors and Omissions.’ Before hiring a private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach to ask to see proof of insurance. It will contain an expiration date and the actual amounts of coverage. You may want to go so far as to call the insurance company and verify that the coverage is in force.
- Are They Experienced? Jimi Hendrix may have posed a similar question but it is also appropriate when dealing with the private investigator industry. Ask about the type of work they do. How long have they been a private eye? What is their background? You will find many private investigators licensed Miami Beach South Beach who have had decades of law enforcement or legal experience prior to becoming a private eye. You would not normally hire an immigration attorney to defend a client in a sexual assault case. Nor would you hire a private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach that specializes in forensic accounting to assist you in domestic surveillance. Be wary of private investigators who say “We do everything.” The term ‘Jack of all trades – master of none’ comes to mind. Along with their experience find out what their specialty is. How many years have they been conducting these types of investigations? Have they been deposed or testified in court?
- College Degree and Professional Certifications Although you can become a licensed private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach without a college degree, any kind of formal education is certainly a plus. Degrees in criminal justice, criminology, sociology and psychology are beneficial for this type of career. Some of the top criminal justice colleges in the U.S. are at CUNY, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, Rutgers, University of Maryland (College Park campus) and Sam Houston State University.
Professional certifications on the other hand are a dime a dozen. There are literally hundreds of them, many not worth the paper they are written on. In fact, there is one association, for example, that will send you a certificate declaring you a “Surveillance Expert” if you order their book on surveillance. The assumption being that you read the book. That being said, there are several certifications which are recognized worldwide and involve a great deal of time, money, studying and dedication to receive. They include the CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) offered by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, and the CPP (Certified Protection Professional) from the American Society of Industrial Security. Additionally, certificates from Wicklander-Zulawski and John Reid offer specialized seminars focusing on interviewing, confrontational interviewing, and body language and interrogation techniques. These courses are used by law enforcement and private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach and is highly valued.
- References and Testimonials Private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach may or may not be able to provide you with references or testimonials. People hire private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach to handle sensitive, delicate and sometimes embarrassing situations. Clients have a right to total confidentiality and often do not want to provide a reference or testimonial because they do not want to make it known that they have used the services of a private investigator Other clients work for public entities or government bodies and are often not allowed to provide any type of testimonial. Again, the best source for referrals or testimonials would be your fellow attorneys.
- Written Contract Cast your mind back to those heady days when you were a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed One L and studying the exciting world of Contract Law. You were taught that Contract Law is key to our system of laws and it is how we enforce our agreements. Your private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach should have a written contract for your protection and for theirs. It should detail exactly what the private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach will do and how much it will cost. Assume nothing. Make sure the private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach understands exactly what you want to be accomplished. Make sure you get a copy. But you already knew that, right?
- Media Exposure Has the private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach published industry articles, a book, or taught a private investigation-related course? Is he or she known in the community? Do they have a web presence and a profile on Linkedin? Are they viewed as an expert? Doing a little bit of research yourself will help you avoid the inevitable pain, disappointment, and regret you will likely experience by hiring a shady, fly-by-night private investigator
- Appearance I was once retained by a large amusement park corporation to handle a sensitive insurance matter, although I soon discovered I was not the first private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach they interviewed. The first private investigator arrived for the interview wearing shorts and a t-shirt He also had on a sweat-stained cowboy hat and earrings. The company’s director of corporate security was not impressed. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. Your private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach should be articulate, well-groomed, and dressed professionally.
- The Initial Consultation The initial consultation should be at your office, at a time of your convenience and it should be free. During this meeting the private investigator should primarily be listening to you and finding out what your needs are. This will also give you an opportunity to size up your private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach and make the determination if he or she is equal to the task.
- Cost and Expenses Like attorneys, most private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach to charge an hourly rate anywhere from $70.00 per hour to $100.00 per hour or more, plus expenses. Some private investigator’s charge a flat rate for investigations, however even that rate is based upon an hourly charge. The more specialized the investigation, the higher the rate. If the rate is significantly lower it may be too good to be true. You may be dealing with an unlicensed private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach and opening yourself up to legal issues down the road. The cost of the investigation will revolve around how much time is needed for it to be completed. Paying a private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach $2,000.00 or $3,000.00 for services that save your client money, mitigate risk or keep them from serving time in prison is worth the cost.
- Retainers Depending on the cost of the investigation many private investigators licensed Miami Beach South Beach will ask for a retainer up front. This can also be the case if it is your first time working with a specific private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach. The retainer, also known as an “evergreen retainer” may be equal to the expected cost of the investigation. Make sure your private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach’s contract stipulates that they will not exceed the retainer without your authority. Additionally, since private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach set aside specific hours to conduct surveillance and investigative work (thereby turning away other potential clients) the retainers are often non-refundable.
- Communication (or the lack thereof) As Robert Plant sang “Communication breakdown, it’s always the same.” At a recent private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach conference I attended it was announced that the #1 complaint clients had regarding private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach was their lack of communicating with the client in a timely manner. After assigning an investigation to give the private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach at least a couple of days to get started and get back with you. A good private investigator will keep in contact every 2 or 3 days until the investigation is completed.
- Information a Private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach Cannot Provide Private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach may not legally wiretap, obtain cell phone toll records through use of a pretext, obtain financial records without a court order, pull credit reports without a signed authorization or hack into someone’s email or social media account such as Facebook. So beware, there is private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach willing to do all of these illegal activities for a fee. If it comes out in discovery it’s going to bite you in the gluteus.
- What Kind of Report Should I Expect? You should expect a detailed, well-written final report specifying the facts of the investigation. It should contain proper names, addresses, and times. It should not contain opinion or supposition. If surveillance was an aspect of the investigation then you should also receive a DVD of the surveillance. Some companies also embed photographs within the report. The video provided by your private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach must have a time and date stamp of the subject’s activities, otherwise it is worthless. A good final report will contain a narrative of the investigation, video prints, photographs, DVD’s, criminal or civil records, social media pictures and more depending on the type of investigation.
A private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach can be an unlimited source of information and an incredible asset to your law firm. Following these 16 tips will ensure that your experience with a private investigator is both positive and productive. There is no need for the additional cost and overhead of hiring and housing in-house private investigator licensed Miami Beach South Beach. Create your own staffing solutions by finding a reputable and experienced private detective and using him or her as needed.
Miami Beach • Miami Gardens Aventura • Bal Harbour • Bay Harbor Islands • Biscayne Park • Carol City • Coral Gables • Cutler Bay • Cutler Ridge • Doral • El Portal • Fisher Island • Florida City • Golden Beach • Hialeah • Hialeah Gardens • Miami Fort Lauderdale • Florida for rents Coral Gables stead • Indian Creek • Islandia • Key Biscayne • Medley • Miami • Miami Lakes • Miami Shores • Miami Springs • Naranja • North Bay Village • North Miami • North Miami Beach • Ojus • Opa–Locka • Palmetto Bay • Perrine • Pinecrest • Pinecrest Monroe Co. • South Miami • Sunny Isles • Sweetwater • Universal Park • Virginia Gardens • West Miami •
PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR SOUTH BEACH |•missing persons investigator Miami Beach |• detectives and investigators South Beach|• detective search Miami Beach | • surveillance investigation Miami Beach South Beach |• PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR MIAMI BEACH
Privateinvestigatorsmiamibeach | Child Custody | Catch a cheater | Detectives and criminal investigators | Licensed investigator | Private eye investigations | Surveillance services | PI agency | Top private investigation firms | Mobile surveillance | Missing person investigator| Investigation firm | Privateinvestigatorsmiamibeach